We recognises that the privacy and security of your personal information is of the utmost importance.
This notice sets out what we do with your information and how we ensure its security. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal data we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you use our products or services over the phone, online or if you are interacting with us on social media.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- Information that you provide to us by phone, online, email, post or social media such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details such as bank accounts and methods of payment and feedback.
- Your account login details, including your user name and password.
- Books and products that you have ordered or services used
- Information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address)
We will only collect and process your data with your consent. An example of this would be when you tick a box to receive emails about events.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain situations, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. This may be to contact you in regard to an order you have placed or to post an item to your home address if that is what you have requested.
In specific situations, we may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
How do we use your personal data?
- To respond to any queries you have.
- To process your orders or requests.
- To process a payment from you or give you a refund.
- To offer you payment in the currency of the country you are located in.
- To prevent fraud.
- To conduct market research – either Blackwell’s or agreed third parties.
- For data analysis so that we can improve our service to you.
- To contact you about products and services.
How we protect your personal data?
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’.
- Access to your personal data is password-protected.
- We hold no credit card numbers on our internal systems.
- We carry out software security scans to identify ways to improve security.
- We have an internal systems and data security policy that is reviewed every year and all of our employees sign each year.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data we will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We will never share your personal data with a third party.
We may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
What are your rights in regard to your personal data?
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you and you also have a right to ask us to stop or limit the processing of your data in certain circumstances or to correct inaccurate data.
You can submit a Subject Access Request if you wish us to provide to you with the personal data we hold about you.